WASHING MACHINE WATER DAMAGE: PREVENTATIVE MEASURES
Washing machines are one of the most common sources of water damage in the home, and the damage can be costly, reaching potentially thousands of dollars.
Faulty washing machines can be difficult to diagnose and time consuming to repair. Specific preventative measures can save you both time and money down the road. The most effective ways of preventing damage from your washing machine are to:
- Replace the washing machine intake hose every 5 years.
- Check your sewer line after a storm, before running your washing machine.
- Don’t overload your washing machine.
- Have your machine professionally installed to avoid water line pinches and drainage issues.
- Shut off the intake valve behind your machine at the first sign of trouble.
- If you can’t access the intake valve, know how to shut off your home’s water main.
If you experience water damage in your Long Beach home as a result of a faulty washing machine, call SERVPRO of Northeast Long Beach/Lakewood to fix the source of the problem and reverse the water damage. We’re available 24/7 at 562-420-0030.