What to do if you have fire in your house?
Fire could result from several different causes including cooking equipment, old electrical equipment, and flammable materials. Should you experience a sizable fire in your home for any reason, there are some important steps to take during the fire. Remain mindful of the following actions:
- Get The fire extinguisher
- Raise an alarm
- Call 911
- Leave Valuables behind
- If your clothes catch on fire. Don’t run just stop and roll over.
- Cover your nose. The smoke is more dangerous than the fire.
- Safety Evacuation spot.
- Contact your local Red Cross. They can help provide food and provisions
- Notify your insurance company about the fire
- Do not re-enter your home until instructed to do so. Talk to firefighters about what can be salvaged instead
Always remember to make sure that everybody is safe. close the door behind you. Research has proven that closing doors prevents fire from spreading, which simply means the fire will be relegated to a spot for a while. Nobody wants a fire in his house but simple don’t panic.
Don’t forget to call SERVPRO to restore your house "Like it never even happened."