Salvaging Smoke Damaged Items Through Cleaning
Having an insurance policy that covers fire damage to your property is one part of responsible commercial property ownership. Working with a qualified fire restoration service provider is another. If you ever experience a property fire, an expert in fire restoration knows and understands the best methods of content cleaning to quickly bring your property back to pre-fire conditions. From dry-cleaning to smoke odor removal, your professional restoration provider has the training and equipment to minimize the interruption to your operations.
Understanding Restoration vs Replacement
You may think that a fire restoration process automatically means the replacement of damaged content. On the contrary, the right professional provider looks for every opportunity to salvage items through cleaning before considering replacement. This includes testing items to see which ones can be returned to a pre-fire condition. Common cleaning methods include the following:
- Dry-cleaning. Appropriate for light residues or as a pre-clean to wet cleaning
- Wet cleaning. Best for moderate to heavy soil.
- Spray and Wipe. Used for objects that can’t be wet cleaned.
- Foam cleaning. Best for upholstery fabrics that may shrink or be otherwise damaged by wet cleaning.
- Abrasive cleaning. Refers to wiping surfaces through agitation and friction.
- Immersion cleaning. Involves dipping objects into a bath for cleansing.
Even electronic devices that have been damaged by the fire may be saved through a cleaning process. Fire restoration providers have the knowledge and equipment to thoroughly inspect electronics for repair and safe operation.
Letting the Pros Handle the Cleanup Process
The fire repair process requires consideration on several levels. In addition to fire and water cleanup and dry-cleaning, other services may be necessary including content storage to protect items from further damage. Your fire restoration pro can coordinate any move-out or pack-out work necessary to get your property back to a pre-fire state. Trust the pros to understand what is needed to get things back to normal.